Thoughts that spill out of my head into the internet ether. Who am I ? I'm a juggler comedian / talent agent who works and lives near Ottawa, Canada. Want to know more. Read on.. but it's not all for the faint of heart.

Monday, May 23, 2005

Feeling Groovy,

This long weekend was really disappointing weather wise. Things were cloudy, rainy, and generally pissy. My acts still got shows in though!

My work-weekend as OK. I had my first gig since the teeth were removed on Saturday - a great walkabout gig as a court jester at the Children's Museum. I pulled out this killer outfit for it.. pin stripe blue and red bellbottoms, a blue and red pin-stripe white shirt, blue/red vest, and a blue polka dotted tie. Throwing on a jester hat completed the outfit, (photo coming soon) and had me looking great! I have to shoot some photos of me in that outfit. The gig was great, a perfect ease - back into work.

Saturday was also my first day eating real food, drinking booze, and having a party! it was wicked.

Yesterday was my first circle show since the wisdom removal. Before the show started I did a little test as to my range - yes a torch fit in the mouth, but it was a bit snug. Blowing up a balloon was really painful - i shouldn't have even tried. I did the show.. ended up eating a torch at the end (the crowd was right behind me).. In my head i was thinking "I can bail on this and just blow it out... but the crowd was right into it, and i thought.. well it will fit." The torch was no problemo - funny how the fire didn't hurt me, but the balloon animal did. After the show (i got it in a little bit late) I was wrestling with my desire to make money, and the throbbing bad feeling in my mouth. I made the call that it wasn't worth it, and that i should just pack it in. This ended up being the right call, as on my way out to the highway it started to drizzle. So even if I had started another it would have been rained out.

Then puttered around, had coffee with friends/performers, popped my head in to Jon's little birthday party, then met up with Carrie and headed home.

Today, gauging the not-so nice feeling i've got going on in my mouth, and the pissy looking weather I think i'll be watching the New Star Wars in the theatre today with Carrie. Maybe that and working on the garden. I might add a few Tylenol 3's and some ice cream in there to make my mouth feel better. Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home