Thoughts that spill out of my head into the internet ether. Who am I ? I'm a juggler comedian / talent agent who works and lives near Ottawa, Canada. Want to know more. Read on.. but it's not all for the faint of heart.

Monday, May 09, 2005

First weekend... having solo fun, & godmothers!

This past weekend was the first of the Tulip Festival. It was really my first weekend really pushing to do solo street shows.. all told I got 7 shows in, and did alright in the hat. (Being my first weekend on my own, i'm still feeling out the ladder & hat pass, but it is getting better and better.)

It was fun! All week I was busting my butt to get my show together.. worked on a new costume (well new pants), had a chunk welded out of my ladder as well. Now, instead of an insanely high 9ft ladder, i've got a comfortable 7ft ladder. Still high enough to be impressive, but i'm not freaking out on the top of it. The ladder was ready for me Friday night.. got it home, hopped up in my driveway, did it a few times, figured.. yeah I can do this, and then packed it up in the car. Performed it in the show (juggling for the first time on it, on Saturday) Funny thing.. i assembled it at the welders so it was full height, then it wouldnt' come apart (it's pretty bitchy to get apart on a good day. I worked out that if i fit the gap over the front passenger side seat in my Honda Civic hatchback I can fit the assembled 7 ft ladder in my car in one piece. CRAZY. That warrants a picture (coming soon.)

Yesterday was mothers day, and while I just have a mother in-law, I bumped into my godmother. I haven't seen her in years. She tried to make it out to Carrie and I's wedding three years ago, but she got horribly lost and didn't make it. She still has our wedding gift all wrapped up for us. My godmother is a really sweet little Spanish lady.. we were talking after the show, she says "I love you Brian" and i was all like "ok don't tear up here big guy..." I didn't but i had to bite my tongue a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home