Thoughts that spill out of my head into the internet ether. Who am I ? I'm a juggler comedian / talent agent who works and lives near Ottawa, Canada. Want to know more. Read on.. but it's not all for the faint of heart.

Monday, May 02, 2005

Inspirational quotes on walls

Success a good weekend. It was tiring but it all worked out well.

Saturday saw me doing a show for a friend / caricature artist that I work with all of the time. It was his son's birthday party, and all in all a really good time. Usually when i'm performing at kids' parties I don't usually get fed, i don't hang out much, it's usually do the show and get out. It was great to hang out, chat with the parents eat (some good organic food) and then do my thing. Amir has a really cozy house - great colours on the walls, as well as insipirational quotes on the walls.

Quotes off of Amir's Walls;

"The most important things in life aren't things."

"We're all in the gutter, only some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde

"Question Consumption"

The last one I assume is about consuming products (our daily consumption) and not the disease." Question consumption" was suck in my head for a few weeks. Questioning what we buy, what we eat, can really affect your life philosophy. I'm at the point now where i have a house, almost full of stuff, and i don't want any more crap in it to junk it up. I'm looking to get rid of stuff, maybe acquire some better quality stuff that will last forever, and that's it! And i'm building my dream basement - but that's another story. I'm really pouring over whatever i buy, be it clothing, decor, books, etc. I think it's saving me money, and well not junking the place up. I'll get off my soapbox now.

Albert is Amir's cat. He's a big tolerant male cat that was chased around the party by the kids. My cats would have been hiding underneath the couch, or in the roof rafters, but Albert somehow tolerated being dragged around, and basically molested. He enjoyed my show, as all the kids were occupied for about an hour giving him time to soak up some quite time in the kitchen. I like the name Albert for him it really suited him - he was an orange tabby who was pretty big and laid back (I guess kind of fat Albertish.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home