Thoughts that spill out of my head into the internet ether. Who am I ? I'm a juggler comedian / talent agent who works and lives near Ottawa, Canada. Want to know more. Read on.. but it's not all for the faint of heart.

Monday, April 25, 2005

A weekend with a big suprise!

This weekend was very busy - all told it's Monday morning and i'm very tired.

Saturday saw me perform two great shows at the Russell Warriors hockey banquet. The shows were great 2 x 20-30 minute spots for a family crowd. The first crowd was younger 4-8yrs, the second we older 8-13yrs - and I had to treat them as if they were crazy unfed wild pups. The best line in my second show referencing the wildness of the kids was "I'm glad you kids are playing hockey, and not out lighting fires and stuff." I hope that didn't give them any ideas. The fun thing about this gig is that my brother and sister in-law and their two kids live across the street from it. I managed to pop over there for lunch. hang out, and visit a little. Of course Thomas (my 2.5 yr old nephew and his Dad were out doing some shopping, and Katey (the newest addition) was sleeping - so Thomas and Dad arrived as I was heading out to my show. Did some errands after my show on the way home, and came home to the same bunch of family i'd just visited. We had a good time playing with the kids and hangning out, then took a 30 minute breather, and headed over to the next door neighbours for dinner. We left their place (after some great conversation, and a fabulous homemade lasagna) at 11:23pm, I was in bed for 11:30pm. Nice.

The next day was spent working on the basement.. A good day - didnt' look like we got too much done, but we reallly did. Twas a good productive day. And I learned all sorts of stuff about plumbing.

Then we went over to the family's for dinner. The "great aunt" had passed away a few months back, and the stuff was being divied up. I had requested the foam heads and a few wigs (great for costuming.) We found a mysterious package in the bottom of the "head/wig" box, unwrapped it and found a large amount of cash. It was crazy to think that we might not have lept the bag it was all in, donated it to someone, or just thrown it out. Also crazy to think if it had made it home with us.. the shock that would have hit. All told pretty wild..

Wound things down by reading some Dr. Seuss to the little guy on the kitchen floor. One dog, two dog, red dog, blue dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home