Thoughts that spill out of my head into the internet ether. Who am I ? I'm a juggler comedian / talent agent who works and lives near Ottawa, Canada. Want to know more. Read on.. but it's not all for the faint of heart.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The car that didn't start.

Still, i left the front door 45 minutes before i had to be downtown. Thinking that it being before 9am and all I'd likely hit some traffic on the way in, and being 15 minutes early never hurt anyone. Pop out to the car, turn the key.. nothing..

It wasn't the train that could.. it was the car that had it's lights on all day/night, and the battery was dead. It's the second time that I've left the lights on, and come out to a dead car. Luckily I wasn't leaving for a show - just heading to a bookeeping workshop.

So I tried to boost the battery using a battery charger i've got in the garage. Turning it over again it made some noise but not much. I left it for a while, tried it again, still didn't start. Seeing as it was 8:15am I didn't want to bug Jeff.. he could have driven over and given me a boost. After 30 minutes of waiting for the battery to charge I made the call.. i was calling Jeff. Sure enough I got him out of bed.. he said "I'll be over in 10 minutes." three minutes later the car started. I called Jeff to let him know and he was literally heading out the door.

Felt a little dumb, but apparently i can install a light / alarm / indicator. cool.

In the end I only missed a tiny little bit of the bookeeping workshop.

Had a full day in town.. and managed to bump into two people who I didn't plan on bumping into too. Finding Nick on the street at 10:15pm, when i was on my way from Dave Merry's comedy/magic show to the car was a huge surprise. The cool part was that I had a cheque for him and everything! (and I meant to drop it off to him that day anyways.)

Dave Merry's show was great! I asked him after the show how many jokes/lines he did in the hous, he figured around 200. Crazy! His show was fast, funny, quirky and edgy. Not your regular comedy/magic by any means. It was great having dinner with him and another booker in town, and talking shop all night, capped off with a great show. I love my job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home