Thoughts that spill out of my head into the internet ether. Who am I ? I'm a juggler comedian / talent agent who works and lives near Ottawa, Canada. Want to know more. Read on.. but it's not all for the faint of heart.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

The Tail of Severus

I was sitting in the living room the other day and was trying to pet the kitties. They were distracted by a noise - something behind the wall unit. I had a quick look and caught a fleeting glimpse of a mouse.

The cats must have brought a mouse home. I've been saying for a while that our cats should get pets - sure enough they did! (They must;ve heard me.) Carrie and I named him Severus (which means the seventh.) His full name is Lord Severus the third.

The mouse seemed to be trapped in the sunken living room, and the cats were interested. I figured at least the cats would grab him and bring him out into the open. I even moved the futon out from the wall a bit so that the cats could get back there - this gave me a really good view of severus, walking up and down behind the couch. Waldo was having nothing to do with him - i picked her up, pointed her towards him, and she ran off for her kibble. Annie was sniffing around, she ended up walking towards Severus, who was walking towards her. He went under her, then she walked over. I gave up, and let the cats know that they weren't doing their jobs.

Later, I managed to trap Severus in the bottom of our cd holder. Then we picked the CD holder up and took it out to the patio. The trip must have shocked Severus, as when we put the holder down, he holed up and wasn't going anywhere. Then our brave cat (Annie) came in, started sniffing, then dispatched a paw in Severus direction. He let out a series of short mouse chirps, which sent Annie running! What a brave fierce cat we have.

I had to poke him a little with a stick, and he finally took off. We have'nt seen Severus since! He's probably telling all of his mouse buddies about the wussy cat's he met. Carrie's Mom figures that he was paying them off.. Carrie was thinking that Severus was dealing "nip" - "Hey man, i got some great nip - let me live in your house, and i'll hook you up." I'll look for any excuse to help me believe that my cats aren't afraid of a mouse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home