Thoughts that spill out of my head into the internet ether. Who am I ? I'm a juggler comedian / talent agent who works and lives near Ottawa, Canada. Want to know more. Read on.. but it's not all for the faint of heart.

Monday, June 20, 2005

Weekend at the cottage

So we spent the weekend at the cottage - with Carrie's friends from work. Of course (the way it walways ends up working out) the weather while we were at the cottage was cool, with a mild rain, clouds, and a mild breeze. We get home Sunday night and it clears up, and the sun comes out. Today, Monday, adds insult to injury with 29 degree celcius, gorgeous sunny weather. Go figure.

It was still a really fun weekend, hanging out with friends, drinking beer, playing board games, and most importantly FISHING. Rich and I loaded into a rather rickety canoe, and hit the lake for a good six hours (three hours at a time.) In the morning i managed to get 3 or 4 pike, a bass, and a half dozen rock bass, and Rich got one good 2lb largemouth bass. His reel was all set up wrong, so I loaned him my backup rod, and then he had a much better time no tangles, caught fish.. I did have a bit of a pisser though, on the way up I popped into Cambodian Tire to buy some fishing rods, i bought two, an indistructable 23$ rod, and a really nice $60 rod. Setting them up at the cottage, i realized that the $60 rod was broken int he store - the handle where you attach the reel was boned, and the reel wouldn't go on. Pisser. It's too bad, it was a sweet rod, cork handle, amazing feel - but it went back to the store and I got a refund. After fishing with the $23 rod - i realized for all im going to use it, i might as well jsut keep the crappier rod.

Also played ZOMbies - a great yell at your friends, and kill them with zombies kind of game. We played SAt night until 2am, until bleary and tired, I won through the goodness of my fatigued co-players.

While away, i missed out on a bunch of shows, but seeing as we now have a third Cowguy who is well versed in our show I didn't miss too much. And it was a much needed vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home