Thoughts that spill out of my head into the internet ether. Who am I ? I'm a juggler comedian / talent agent who works and lives near Ottawa, Canada. Want to know more. Read on.. but it's not all for the faint of heart.

Sunday, June 12, 2005

"Hollywood Causes Cancer" and the weekend.

It's been a pretty chill couple of days. Things have been busy in the office, and things (this weekend anyways) are remarkably slow for shows. This weekend I only have one show (it's nice.. a little mini-weekend off at home.)

So what do I do on my weekend off? Yesterday morning the Homeowners Association asked for some help spreading gravel on the PAX trail. I grabbed a rake and headed out. It was swelteringly hot - 30+degrees celcius, and I was out raking gravel with some nice community minded individuals. That lasted for two hours tops.. then i hit the neighbours pool.. aaah sweet relief. I drank about 3 L of water, most of which sweated out onto my tank top. Niiiiice.

Friday i was doing some errands in town, and i happened into the library. Figured it's about time to get cracking on the books on Patch ADam's top 10 list, so I started with book number one.. Goethe's autobiography. Things weren't going my way - it was the worlds tiniest library, so they didn't have Goethe's autobiography.. and instead I stumbled on Tom Green's
"Hollywood Causes Cancer." Although i'm not a big fan of Tom's comedy work, the book is really good, and it details his rise and fall to fame. It's a funny, involving book that actaully shows the person behind the show, and all of the crazy stunts. Most interstingly his parents - i had no idea that he pranked them as much as he did - to the point where they threatened him with legal action. Only parent's that really love you would get the police involved

"That's right kid's reading is fun! right now I'm reading this book that talks about balls, and bum putting, and pranking your parents - written by a guy that humped a dead moose."

I can guarantee that "Hollywood Causes Cancer" won't be on the school reading list - but it is a good departure from Chaucer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home