Thoughts that spill out of my head into the internet ether. Who am I ? I'm a juggler comedian / talent agent who works and lives near Ottawa, Canada. Want to know more. Read on.. but it's not all for the faint of heart.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Canada Day

Canada Day has come and gone, and with it a flurry of activity.

Had a big stack of shows before Canada Day, including walkabout performances at the RCMP sunset celebrations, walkabout at the Midway and a show or two. Canada DAy saw four shows - one of which was on Petrie Island for the Orleans Canada Day Celebrations.

I showed up at the gig - and was expecting grass or concrete. I found a stage on the sand - I was performing on a beach! Of course it was stinking hot, and the stage I was on was a metal fold out stage so essentially i was performing on a BBQ. The show went pretty well.. i sweated it up. At the very end of the show I usually eat a flaming torch, so I resoaked it and proceeded to eat it. The wind picked up and sent a lick of flame down my chin to my new "soul patch" which sizzled a bit. I tolf the crowd.. oooh i guess i don't have a soul patch anymore" everyone laughed.. it was fun. A little bit of burnt facial hair is all part of a days work.

Nick and I did a few Cowguys two man shows in Confederation Park as part of Canada DAy, Jaz Festival and Family Day. The shows were fun, Nick and I started clicking in front of the crowd, and had a lot of fun playing with some of our routines.

All told that day I was managing 5 contracts (performing at two) it all went smoothly, and I even got to have a few beers. Had one or two more than I should have.. ended up rambling on in an exhausted drunken state. Good thing they are close friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home