Thoughts that spill out of my head into the internet ether. Who am I ? I'm a juggler comedian / talent agent who works and lives near Ottawa, Canada. Want to know more. Read on.. but it's not all for the faint of heart.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

The Soo Buskers

Just recently back from a fun filled few days in Sault Ste Marie.

This year it was me performing as "The Cowguy." Also got this stellar review from one of the organizers.. "Multi-talented, super fun guy, Brian Wilson (AKA the Cow Guy) was our second repeat peformer at Buskerfest 2005. This time he arrived sans partner and still managed to have the impact of two performers.

Utilizing the skills he acquired through professional clown and circus training, he juggles, balances, spins, manipulates fire, jokes, makes balloon creations, plays with yo-yos, lassoo's young children and entertains like no other. He even poses for the camera at just the right moments...and he's just a really nice dude." * For more reviews of other acts, a great blogging check out http://dmhopper.blogspot.com/

I had fun in Saulte Ste Marie.. had some wicked shows. I brought Carrie up with me on this trip, as she really wanted to visit with her good friend who lives in Wawa, and to meet her friends 2 yr old daughter (who Carrie hadn't met yet.) So Carrie was stuck in Sault Ste Marie without too much to do, aside from hang out with sweaty buskers. Unfortunately Carrie was bored.

The drive up was lots of fun. Carrie was all giddy from being off work for the first time in forever, and we were full of caffeine, and having a gay ol drive up. Carrie even managed to help me write some great jokes (most of which got really good laughs in shows.) We were even making good time, until we hit the 20km to the Soo mark at which point traffic stopped dead. We were stopped, and in stop and go traffic for about 2 hours. We were pretty cranky up until the point when we passed the accident, and saw the car that had it's roof cut off. It was a thoroughly compacted compact car, and was being loaded onto a tow truck. Seeing that we realized how lucky we were to only be stuck in traffic for a few hours.

One of the highlights of the Soo busker fest was the finale show (which I had the pleasure of Mcing.) Jonny concieved this wicked routine called "Schwing Action" which was a parody of The trampoline show called "Spring Action." Jonny dug up some leotards at the worlds best Value Village. He managed to find a matching set of four.. so they were put to work with Dan, Jonny, and Reuban, goofing around on the trampoline. I kicked on "I'm too sexy" and they did their stuff.. Carrie even managed to get it on video.

Quote of the day - Dan the One man Bad "I was happy just wearing the leotards"
Reuban was heard expressing his disappointment that I wasn't in the leotards. Hey I totally would've got in there... but someone had to MC the show.

Looking forward to seeing the Soo again someday!

3 Comments:

Blogger Slackhopper said...

I cannot express how badly I NEED a copy of the Schwing Action video!! I am ever so happy you had a good time in the Soo, but sad that your wife was bored...next time we'll rectify that situation.

Thanks for the photos and the shout out on your blog. If I'm ever in Ottawa, I'll have my people comtact your people...we'll do lunch...

10:02 PM

 
Blogger rabsteen said...

thanks for coming; buskerfest rocked.

11:00 AM

 
Blogger Craig said...

Hey Brian ... cool blog, and once again thanks for coming back to the Sault this year. You were a big hit for the second year in a row and I hope I get to catch your show again somewhere in the future.

9:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home