Thoughts that spill out of my head into the internet ether. Who am I ? I'm a juggler comedian / talent agent who works and lives near Ottawa, Canada. Want to know more. Read on.. but it's not all for the faint of heart.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Daredevil Chicken Club Faygo

While performing in Kingston I had the pleasure of meeting Annie from the Daredevil Chicken club. Annie was performing her solo show in which she takes on the persona of Svetlana Buttinski a Transelvanian acrobat. It's a hilarious show full of her bossing men around with a riding whip, and doing acro stunts. After one of her shows this lady came up to her, and asked her with wide eyes "Are you thirsty?" Anne replied "Why yes, I'm thirsty." Then from behind her back this lady whipps out a huge 3L bottle of Faygo (el cheapo ginger ale) and informs Anne "Here you go, you'll never be thirsty again."

Paul and I met up with her for dinner, and we ended up lugging around this giant bottle of Faygo. Since Faygo had so much mass we ended up naming him, lugging him around for our adventures, and finally chugging him without any pants on (Me, Paul, and Jonathan) at the Saturday night party. (We did have underwear, just no pants.)

That was the night I met Jonathan - the other half of the Daredevil Chicken Club. It took a little coercing from Anne to get him down to the party. Funny guy! He'd been working with Blue Man group for 6 months, and "had some disagreements with some of the choices they make in their shows".. hence the formation daredevil chicken club. My comment was "Now, I think i know my shows here, but daredevil chicken club is a pretty freaking huge departure from Blue Man Group." It is. It's great. Maybe if I'm lucky someday I can be a member of the club... although I'm not giving up chicken.

In fact the Daredevil Chicken Club sounds like it would be an excellent sandwich.

1 Comments:

Blogger Slackhopper said...

Do they have a website? They sound VERY interesting.....

8:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home